×

Кавказский узел

Скачайте приложение — работает без VPN!
Скачать Скачать
14:55, 21 February 2026

The court rejected the appeal against Charlotte's sentence.

The cassation court rejected the appeal of the sentence against singer Eduard Sharlot, who apologized to the head of Chechnya.

As reported by "Caucasian Knot," in December 2024, the court sentenced Eduard Sharlot to 5.5 years in a penal colony for rehabilitating Nazism and insulting religious believers. In his final statement, the musician apologized again for his videos. The defense and prosecution appealed the verdict, but the appellate court upheld it.

In January 2024, musician Eduard Sharlot, accused of rehabilitating Nazism and insulting religious feelings, apologized in court to Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov for "casually insulting" him, and to Vladimir Putin, whose portrait he had torn up. The state prosecutor dropped the charges against Charlotte for destroying a passport and inciting hatred and requested a seven-year, five-month prison sentence and a large fine.

The Supreme Court of Russia has rejected Eduard Charlotte's appeal against his sentence, the singer's father, Valery Charlotte, told RIA Novosti.

The appeal was rejected; we don't know the reasons yet.

"The appeal was rejected; we don't know the reasons yet," he said. Valery Charlotte added that a decision on refiling the appeal has not yet been made, the agency writes.

As a reminder, Eduard Charlotte, a native of Samara, is a Russian singer and blogger. The criminal prosecution was prompted by Charlotte's social media posts, in which he posted provocative videos. In the summer of 2023, Charlotte moved to Armenia and expressed his disagreement with the Russian government's actions, but he quickly ran out of money there. In November of that year, the musician returned to Russia and was detained at the airport. Human rights activists recognized him as a political prisoner. In August 2025, it became known that Charlotte had been transferred from a penal colony to a general regime penal colony. Charlotte had violated the prison's regulations and encouraged other inmates to engage in negative behavior, the prosecutor's office explained. Charlotte appealed the decision to toughen his sentence, but the court upheld it. The singer's father, Valery Charlotte, explained that his son was charged with 19 prison violations and placed in solitary confinement four times. "He didn't keep his hands behind his back. He kept more than just the things he was allowed to keep in his nightstand—like a T-shirt. He didn't say hello to someone. There were 19 such violations in total. In just two miserable months, he was in solitary confinement four times. He went on hunger strike three times, but it didn't help," said Valery Charlotte.

Translated automatically via Google translate from https://www.kavkaz-uzel.eu/articles/421002

Know more? Do not be silent!
Send a message, photo or video to the "Caucasian Knot" via messengers
Photos and videos for publication must be sent via Telegram, using the «File» option, or via WhatsApp - using the «Document» option. The buttons work if Telegram and WhatsApp are installed. The contact number for Telegram and WhatsApp is +49 1577 2317856.
LEGAL TEXTS
The illustration was created by the Caucasian Knot using AI The peace agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan, as well as other documents signed at the meeting with Trump on August 8, 2025

The “Caucasian Knot" publishes the agreement on the establishment of peace and interstate relations between Azerbaijan and Armenia, which was initialed by Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on August 8, 2025, through the mediation of US President Donald Trump. The meeting of Trump, Aliyev and Pashinyan took place on August 8 in Washington. Following the meeting, Pashinyan and Aliyev also signed a joint declaration. In addition to the agreements between Armenia and Azerbaijan, Trump signed a number of separate memoranda with Aliyev and Pashinyan....

Personalities
Zelimkhan Khangoshvili. Photo courtesy of press service of HRC 'Memorial', http://memohrc.org/ Zelimkhan Khangoshvili

A participant of the second Chechen military campaign, one of the field commanders close to Shamil Basaev and Aslan Maskhadov. Shot dead in Berlin in 2019.

Magomed Daudov. Photo: screenshot of the video http://video.agaclip.com/w=atDtPvLYH9o Magomed Daudov

Magomed "Lord" Daudov is a former Chechen militant who was awarded the title of "Hero of Russia", the chairman of the Chechen parliament under Ramzan Kadyrov.

Tumso Abdurakhmanov. Screenshot from video posted by Abu-Saddam Shishani [LIVE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIR3s7AB0Uw Tumso Abdurakhmanov

Tumso Abdurakhmanov is a blogger from Chechnya. After a conflict with Ramzan Kadyrov's relative, he left the republic and went first to Georgia, and then to Poland, where he is trying to get political asylum.